Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It all began with Peak 10...

I knew that Cara and I were going to be instant friends that first night we met. I had just arrived in Raleigh the day before with a car full of my life's possessions, and a smile on my face thinking, I can take on this big bad world.

Our dear old friend Jason (who invented the Jasims dance to be elaborated on later), brought Bethany and I to the Southend Brewery to meet his friends Cara and Brian, they are "super cool" he said. Well, it was a random Tuesday night I believe, and after downing a beer or two, Brian looks at me and says "So what are you going to do for work?". I laugh and say "Oh, I already found a job! Can you believe it?? I started work at Peak 10 Marketing today!" As Cara and him exchange wily glances I wonder what's going on. Brian proceeds to tell me about his short stint at Peak 10 and how it's a total pyramid scheme to be completely avoided and I should just not ever go back. Well, after much debate on the bad etiquette of quitting a job after one day, and life goals and how Peak 10 just doesn't fit into mine, we proceed to drink several more beers, and I NEVER SHOW UP at my new job again.

That is when I knew that Raleigh was going to be alright , and that Cara and I were going to be fast friends. I think that might have been our first conversation where our voices get all high pitched and we start talking at the same time and people really think we are charming :)

That year is a fast blur of sand volleyball games, bbq's by the pool, bonfires at Soplop's shack (he will also be introduced later) and best of all, time spent at the good ole KCP.

That year brought much drama - Justin vs. Brian, Smitty and Matt Wood (Dooo you want a beer?), Armand and all the CMG crazies, parties with PJ and cloth trash can pukers, snow storm sleepovers, Las Margaritas and Cara getting a job at Boat World, and last but not least, MARGE and her Taliban room!

So, as you can see, Car and Car, have been through a lot, and these are only the highlights of our first, few precious months together.

As we embark on this endeavour to continue oppressing the world at large I want to ask for your support, and it can come in a variety of ways: Financial for our Alpaca investments; Liquid assets in the form of cocktails or beer; and hot men friends for me, as I need to replace one very tall, dark, asshole named Matt Artman.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Cara Maria McDonough said...

Car, may I remark upon a very FINE AND EXCELLENT first entry, and you are absolutely right on, we are extremely charming, especially when we speak in loudest of tones.

Funny, funny stuff.
xixixixixixixixixixixixi
car

 

Post a Comment

<< Home