Thursday, June 01, 2006

Workplace Bathrooms...a disgusting topic, do not read if you have a weak stomach

So I've been in the adult "workforce" for 5 years now, and there is a disturbing trend I have noticed about the state of women's bathrooms. My first job was at a law firm, and it was all women in the office, and we shared 2 bathrooms. I never encountered the problems here that I have at the next 2 places of employment.

After the law firm I worked at Biogen Idec for almost 3 years, its a Biotech company. It's large, brand new, and they spend a lot of money to make sure the place looks REALLY good. So we had a constant flurry of people cleaning our bathrooms twice a day to ensure that visitors were impressed.

BUT I cannot tell you how many times I walked into a stall to find one of 3 things: an unflushed toilet with just toilet paper in it, pee on the seat, or the worst of the 3, remnants of the last person left in the toilet bowl. I was constantly appalled and could not comprehend how an ALL-ADULT organization could have so many people who do not know the proper way to use a toilet. Weren't we all taught from toddler age to NOT leave a mess, to flush the toilet, and if you do splash on the seat, to CLEAN IT UP???

Well, after I left Biogen I took a job at another Pharmaceutical company, and I encounter the SAME things here. It's beyond comprehension to me, this is not the local Exxon station here people where the general public has an all access pass to do as they please to the toilets. I would think that highly educated people would have enough sense to have proper bathroom etiquette in the workplace right?

This has been bothering me for a few years now and I finally had to put my plea out there to please NOT PEE ON THE SEAT and to PLEASE FLUSH THE TOILET! Plus, I feel badly for the people who have to clean these bathrooms, I don't think they should have to put up with such grotesqueness!

That's my piece on the subject for now :) Happy Bathrooming!

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Gorilla Hero said...

maybe they were trying to conserve water - you know:

If it's yellow let it stay
If it's brown, flush it away

or if you like:

If it's yellow let it mellow
If it's brown flush it down

 

Post a Comment

<< Home